But unless you know the nuts and bolts of effective test design and application, you may be collecting the wrong data; misinterpreting data; and drawing off-base conclusions about what students know and can do, what to teach next, and how effective your instruction has been.
James Popham explores the links between assessment and instruction and provides a jargon-free look at classroom and large-scale test construction, interpretation, and application. Featuring sample items, testing tips, and recommended resources, this "crash course" in instructionally focused assessment includes.
How Teachers Use Student Data to Improve Instruction
In addition, Popham offers practical advice for dealing with today's myriad testing targets and explains how standards-based achievement tests currently don't but could provide both accountability evidence and useful instructional information. See All Customer Reviews.
Shop Textbooks. Add to Wishlist.
Innovative Formative Assessment: 10 Useful Approaches
USD Sign in to Purchase Instantly. Temporarily Out of Stock Online Please check back later for updated availability. Read preview. Synopsis If you're frustrated by standardized tests that don't give you the information you need to help students achieve in the classroom, then here's a book that explains how to create and use tests to guide everyday teaching practices.
A renowned expert on assessment provides you with a "crash course" on the basic principles of testing: How tests can tell you what to teach and how to teach it.
What to put on a test and why, including the rules for choosing and writing good test items. The measurement concepts every educator must know in order to design tests that meet tough accountability standards.
- ASCD Book: Tests That Teach: Using Standardized Tests to Improve Instruction;
- A Mind of Its Own: How Your Brain Distorts and Deceives?
- Test Better, Teach Better: The Instructional Role of Assessment - W. James Popham - Google книги!
- Citation - Test better, teach better : the instructional role of assessment - UW-Madison Libraries!
How to avoid "teaching to the test" and five common mistakes in test writing. Sample test items, tips, and steps guide you in collecting the right testing data, interpreting it, and making sound judgments about whether your instructional practices are achieving the results you want.
Excerpt If you could magically and surreptitiously slip into the back of any American classroom these days, odds are you'd find the students taking a test.
How Do Teachers Improve Instruction Using Test Data?
Accountability Pressures and a New Federal Law The chief reason for what seems to be an explosion of educational testing is that U. Firestone; Roberta Y.
Schorr; Lora F. Monfils Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Read preview Overview.
Hambleton; Peter F. Merenda; Charles D. Spielberger Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Rafferty, Kathleen Presner, Mary T. Heverly, Mary Ann Education, Vol.
- The Role of High-Quality Assessment: Enhancing Curriculum and Instruction;
- Test Better, Teach Better: The Instructional Role of Assessment!
- The Great Oil Conspiracy: How the US Government Hid the Nazi Discovery of Abiotic Oil from the American People.
- Test Better, Teach Better: The Instructional Role of Assessment - W. James Popham - Google книги;
Related Test Better, Teach Better: The Instructional Role of Assessment
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved